Re: SELinux Dumb Questions

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 09:36:11 PDT

    Greg KH wrote:

    >I'm guessing that the DTE patent is number US5819275, as that's the only
    >relevant patent that I can find with his name on it (although lots of
    >patents to reference his published articles.)
    >
    >Does anyone have the patent number that SCC claims is covered in
    >SELinux?  Could it be US6209101?

    In my previous post, I focused on the patents that Badger cites from
    Boebert. I just realized that this is without context: Boebert&Kain '86
    was the paper that introduced the Type Enforcement concept, and lead
    Earl Boebert to found Secure Computing Corp. on that basis.

    Caveat: more or less. This was all before my time.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX Communications, Inc. http://wirex.com/~crispin/