RE: Regarding the Type Enforcement Licensing Discussion

From: Westerman, Mark (Mark.Westermanat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:10:39 PDT

    Tom,

    It seem that you post a similar message to the nl.linux.org mailing list in
    Jan 2000. http://mail.nl.linux.org/securedistros/2000-01/msg00012.html
    <http://mail.nl.linux.org/securedistros/2000-01/msg00012.html>

    Quote "When we have figured out just how to handle this, I will post the
    resolution here." From the selinux mailing list, Jun 2002

    Quote "However, we want to avoid creating more confusion, so we are going to
    take
    a little time to reflect before we respond."

    I have clam down since my last post on this subject and I apologize
    for the Flame.

    Questions:
    Did you resolve this issue two years ago?
       If so, could you please post the results here.
    Did the contract you accepted from the NSA resolve this issue?
       If so, could you please post the results here

    We really need to put this issue to bed. To prevent statements
    like

    "Our company will not be using the SELinux for clients because, our
    management has determined the situation is to confusing and will not place
    our business at risk.

    Pamela Patterson
    OpenDNS Crop
     "

    Thanks,
    Mark Westerman

    From you post
    http://mail.nl.linux.org/securedistros/2000-01/msg00012.html
    <http://mail.nl.linux.org/securedistros/2000-01/msg00012.html>
    Secure Computing's Plans for Type Enforced Linux