Re: Module Identifier

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 13:54:03 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 01:32:44PM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > I propose that lsm.immunix.org start maintaining a registry of known
    > module IDs.

    Bleah, I don't like this.  Like Richard said, if you want to worry about
    collisions, try part of the MD5.

    LANNA should be used if you want to track numbers, but since the LSM
    patch isn't in the kernel, it would be pointless to ask them.

    And it would be pointless to set up a web interface, if we aren't even
    sure the number will survive in the "final" lsm version.

    I would think that the time it would take to set up the web interface
    would be better spend getting the sardonix.org site working :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h