Re: Module Identifier

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 13:48:49 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 03:25:56PM -0500, Niki Rahimi wrote:
    > >Pick whatever you want, it doesn't really matter :)
    > >Just make sure your kernel module, and your userspace tools use the same
    > >number.
    > >Hope this helps,
    > >greg k-h
    > Thanks Greg! Sounds good to me. Suppose I pick the number, how will I
    > specify it to that value in the main module so that when I initialize it in
    > my user admin code, the admin code will recognize it?
    No, your module is the only thing that needs to know the number, not the
    main security.c code.
    > Right now, after insmod'ing my module, upon compiling the admin code,
    > I get an "undefined reference to tpe_sys_security" even though
    > /proc/ksyms lists tpe_ops.
    This sounds like a different problem.  Is tpe_sys_security referenced
    anywhere within your code?  Without seeing the code, it is hard to
    figure out the problem :)
    greg k-h
    linux-security-module mailing list