Re: Module Identifier

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 14:44:09 PDT

    * Niki Rahimi (narahimiat_private) wrote:

    > Thanks Greg! Sounds good to me. Suppose I pick the number, how will I
    > specify it to that value in the main module so that when I initialize it in
    > my user admin code, the admin code will recognize it? Right now, after
    > insmod'ing my module, upon compiling the admin code, I get an "undefined
    > reference to tpe_sys_security" even though /proc/ksyms lists tpe_ops.

    The admin (userspace) code should use security(modid, call, *args).  The
    security syscall is not fully supported in glibc, so you'll need to set
    it up with the _syscall3 macro (see asm/unistd.h).  IOW, you want to
    call sys_security(2) from userspace which will call your module's
    registered sys_security() callback, e.g., tpe_sys_security.

    smth. like:

    #include <linux/unistd.h>

    /* to get the actual syscall number for the kernel see your asm/unistd.h
     * from the kernel souce.  should be like below
     */
    #define __NR_security		223

    _syscall3(int, security, unsigned int, id, unsigned int, call, unsigned long *, args);

    /* now you should be able to simply call, security(id, call, *args) */

    hope that helps,