Re: Module Identifier

From: Niki Rahimi (narahimiat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 13:25:56 PDT

    >Pick whatever you want, it doesn't really matter :)
    >Just make sure your kernel module, and your userspace tools use the same
    >number.
    >Hope this helps,
    >greg k-h

    Thanks Greg! Sounds good to me. Suppose I pick the number, how will I
    specify it to that value in the main module so that when I initialize it in
    my user admin code, the admin code will recognize it? Right now, after
    insmod'ing my module, upon compiling the admin code, I get an "undefined
    reference to tpe_sys_security" even though /proc/ksyms lists tpe_ops.

    Thanks again!

    Niki

    Niki A. Rahimi
    LTC Security Development