Re: new hook for do_sys_settimeofday

From: Robb Romans (robbat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 09:18:15 PDT

    On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Chris Wright wrote:

    > * Robb Romans (robbat_private) wrote:
    > >
    > > The CAP_SYS_TIME capability denies any change to system time. We need to
    > > be able to prevent decrementing the system time, but allow increment. This
    > > follows the *BSD implementation of secure levels.
    >
    > Robb, I went to apply this patch and got a malformed patch error at line
    > 188 in the patch.  It's late and I'm not sure what broke.  Mind re-diffing
    > and re-sending?

    Attached is a newly generated patch against the latest pull from lsm-2.5.
    This applies cleanly for me, but I would like to see the specific command
    you are using to apply this to the main tree.

    This may be OT, but I could use some advice on the best way to generate
    diffs to send to the list. My setup is as follows:
    bk://lsm.bkbits.net/lsm-2.5 =clone=> lsm-2.5 =clone=> lsm-2.5-robb. I have
    been using "bk treediff lsm-2.5 lsm-2.5-robb" to generate diffs. Is there
    a better way?

    	Regards,
    	Robb

     --
    Robb Romans                     (512) 838-0419
    Linux Commando                  T/L   678-0419

    Ask me about the W5IBM Amateur Radio Club