Stacking - anyone care how to report module id's?

From: David Wheeler (dwheelerat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 06:07:20 PDT

    I'm still interested in completing a stacking module, but
    I have two questions for everyone:

    1. I need the "module id" of a stacked module, if it has one,
        to implement returns from sys_security.  There are two options:
        A. Add it to the struct security_ops.  This makes module id of the
        primary module visible to "everyone", which might be useful for
        some queries. It requires modification of the verification #define.
        B. Add it as a parameter to mod_reg_security().  The advantages here
        are that, in theory, a module could call mod_reg_security multiple
        times with different module id's.

    I'm currently leaning toward option B (modifying mod_reg_security).
    Any comments?

    2. I have completely FAILED to find out if pointer writes are
        atomic (and if not, where), and I seem to have trouble posting to
        the linux mailing list.  I'm currently thinking of just writing
        the code and making that assumption (that pointer writes
        are atomic).  If anyone can help me, that'd be great.

        Would anyone (Greg KH?) be willing to ask the question for me on
        the linux kernel mailing list, since I can't seem to post on it?
        ("Are pointer writes atomic on all architectures?  If not, on which
         architectures is this assumption true or not true?")

    Thanks.

    --- David A. Wheeler
         dwheelerat_private