Re: Stacking - anyone care how to report module id's?

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 08:44:10 PDT

    On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 09:07:20AM -0400, David Wheeler wrote:
    > I'm still interested in completing a stacking module, but
    > I have two questions for everyone:
    >
    > 1. I need the "module id" of a stacked module, if it has one,
    >    to implement returns from sys_security.

    I don't understand why you need this.
    The "module id" is _only_ for the module itself, for it to check if the
    sys_security call is for itself.  It should not be used to determine who
    to send the sys_security call to.

    >    Would anyone (Greg KH?) be willing to ask the question for me on
    >    the linux kernel mailing list, since I can't seem to post on it?
    >    ("Are pointer writes atomic on all architectures?  If not, on which
    >     architectures is this assumption true or not true?")

    I'm a bit more interested in why you can't post, if you have problems,
    please contact the postmaster of vger.kernel.org.  I'd rather not be the
    go-between :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h