Re: Please confirm your message (fwd)

From: Lindsay Haisley (fmouseat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 13:40:20 PDT

    Thus spake Crispin Cowan on Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 03:13:54PM CDT
    > Lindsay Haisley wrote:
    >
    > >I'm out of town too, and my bandwidth is thus rather limited, but the
    > >
    > Understood.
    >
    > >following log entries for the linuxat_private list may or may not be
    > >instructive.
    > >
    > >1030036592 + linux-security-moduleat_private "applein" <appleinat_private>
    > >[snip]
    > >1030073917 - linux-security-moduleat_private
    > >[snip]
    > >1030101780 + linux-security-moduleat_private Claudio
    > ><claudio_79at_private>
    > >[snip]
    > >1030106487 - linux-security-moduleat_private
    > >
    > >Subsription is unmoderated, but confirmation from the list subscriber is
    > >required.  My understanding is that confirmation by the subscription
    > >requestor is _not_ adedquate in cases where the request is made by a 3rd
    > >party, but I will confirm this and get back with you.
    > >
    > That is correct. Your list server and mine are playing ping-pong,
    > because some miscreant is maliciously subscribing
    > linux-security-moduleat_private to linuxat_private
    >
    > It is now clear that ctlug.org and fmp.com are not at fault here, they
    > are just being used by the bastard trying to mess with us.

    I'll look at the list config options and see if I can't put the brakes on
    this.  I'll also look at my mail logs and see what turns up and let you
    know.

    --
    Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
    FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at