Re: New patches

From: James Morris (jmorrisat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 08:10:37 PDT

    On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Wayne Salamon wrote:

    >   SELinux needs this labeling in order to reliably label SYN/ACKs, and the
    > new accepted socket on the server, when extended socket calls are used. If
    > these hooks are not of a general use within LSM, then we can maintain them
    > as part of our small SELinux patch.
    >
    >   Comments?

    I'd initially wondered if you would need something like this, looks like
    you did.  I can't see any problems adding this to LSM, as it's needed for
    reliable packet labeling.  The network maintainers may be concerned at
    additional performance overhead, but we're anticipating the possible need
    to solve this in the general case anyway.

    - James
    --
    James Morris
    <jmorrisat_private>