Re: value of task p_pptr in task_alloc_security

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 10:34:30 PST

    On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 10:24:31PM -0800, Tim Potter wrote:
    > I looked through fork.c and it looked like this was the case but I
    > wasn't very sure.  Unfortunately it looks like in this case the parent
    > of current is also pointing to the grandfather.  )-:

    You wouldn't want to look at current->p_ppt; you'd want to treat current
    itself as the parent. (Unless the clone(2) flag CLONE_PARENT has been
    passed to clone(2); your task_create() hook gets passed the clone flags,
    so your module can still determine whether current will be the parent,
    or current's parent will be the parent.)

    (Of course, this is all based on my reading of my copy of do_fork();
    I could be reading it incorrectly, or it might not correspond to anyone
    else's version of reality. :)

    --
    Outlook users: please do not put my email address in your address book.
    This way, when you get infected with a virus, my address won't appear in