Re: some questions

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 11:23:15 PST

    On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:05:40PM -0600, Niki Rahimi wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >       As some of you may recall, I had been using sys_security for the LSM
    > I created for Trusted Path Execution. I've been waiting to see what the
    > next step would be in addressing this issue and it looks like the pseudo
    > filesystem idea is the current approach. I've been attempting to look up
    > information on this subject, but can't seem to find anything beyond
    > high-level descriptions. I'm wondering if any of you all had a list of
    > resources (books, web sites, etc,.. ) that had some better information such
    > as code examples, etc...

    There's a pretty old article at:
    	http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5633
    which I'm currently updating for linux.conf.au next month.

    As far as examples go, for 2.5, it's much easier to make a fs due to
    libfs.  Take a look at the code for usbfs, pcihpfs, or sysfs.  That
    should get you going in the right direction.

    I also just posted a patch for dmfs to linux-kernel yesterday, so
    there's another example (not necessarily a good one though) for you to
    work with that isn't in the current kernel tree.

    Hope this helps,

    greg k-h