Re: Cannot load root_plug or capability: Security framework already initialized (2.5.66)

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 15:28:39 PDT

    On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 06:14:04PM -0400, Axelle Apvrille (LMC) wrote:

    > >On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 05:40:28PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieksat_private wrote:
    > >

    > >>This code will probably die a really horrid death if you don't have USB
    > >>support compiled into the kernel.
    > >>

    > >The module will not load if the USB core is not in the kernel.
    > >
    > Ok ok... now I understand it's useless for me to try and load root_plug.

    Not at all.  The module works for me just fine.  You should be able to
    load it and try it out, if not please let me know.  It sounds like all
    of your compile and load problems are now fixed, right?

    > But then, it'd be useful to test with the LSM dummy module.
    > Shouldn't it get compiled to dummy.ko by default ? That's useful for
    > testing...

    What dummy.ko module?  There is currently no such thing.  The
    security/dummy.c file is only there to use when there is no security
    module currently loaded.  It also provides some nice functions for the
    security modules to make their life easier (provides defaults, etc.).

    Hope this helps,

    greg k-h