Re: Cannot load root_plug or capability: Security framework already initialized (2.5.66)

From: Axelle Apvrille (LMC) (Axelle.Apvrilleat_private)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 10:37:29 PDT

    >>Ok ok... now I understand it's useless for me to try and load root_plug.
    >>

    >Not at all.  The module works for me just fine.  You should be able to
    >load it and try it out, if not please let me know.  It sounds like all
    >of your compile and load problems are now fixed, right?

    No. Well, only part of it.
    I can load capabilities.ko : yes.
    but I cannot load root_plug.ko: I've got multiple unresolved links (see
    one of my previous posts).

    However, this is not a showstopper for me. I just wanted to load an LSM
    module to test. I've managed
    to load capability.ko, so this is fine. I'm just saying I can't load
    root_plug.ko to let developers know in case this is a bug.

    >>But then, it'd be useful to test with the LSM dummy module.
    >>Shouldn't it get compiled to dummy.ko by default ? That's useful for
    >>testing...
    >>

    >What dummy.ko module?  There is currently no such thing.  The
    >security/dummy.c file is only there to use when there is no security
    >module currently loaded.  It also provides some nice functions for the
    >security modules to make their life easier (provides defaults, etc.).

    Ok. My error. I thought dummy was also meant to be a standalone module
    just to test
    all hooks with 'null' functions.

    Thanks
    Axelle.