Re: if loaded 2 security modules how does it work in kernel?

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 08:46:20 PDT

    * Wade Yin (hdyinat_private-info.com) wrote:
    >    I try to figure out that if I loaded 2 security modules in the
    > kernel, eg. one is SELinux TE&RBAC security module  the other is X
    > security module, how does the kernel consult the 2 policy modules?
    > Both them implemnted the LSM hook functions, the kernel will call the 2
    > hooks ?  how does it do it?

    The kernel will only call the primary module's callback functions (the
    module that uses register_security().  Later modules can register
    directly with the primary module to form a stack of modules using
    mod_reg_security().  The primary module is responsible for multiplexing
    the acces control decision and returning success or fail to the kernel.