Re: Clarifications of LSM API

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 08:24:22 PDT

    James Morris wrote:

    >The optimization for a single LSM is good, but won't the common case be
    >two LSMs (e.g. capabilities + something else) ?

    Maybe. For us, we found it easier to incorporate the Capabilities
    functionality into our own SubDomain module than to try to stack the
    two. YMMV.

    OTOH, I can see strong cases for stacking multiple modules in the field,
    e.g. one container module (choose one of Subdomain, SELinux, LIDS, Jail,
    DTE, etc.) and a list lof several point solutions such as OWLSM
    (implements Openwall's hard/soft link protections), TPE (Trusted Path),
    etc. Stacking in this case may be feasible if it is the case that all
    the "point solution" modules do not use security blobs.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.  http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    CTO, Immunix          http://immunix.com