[Fwd: Security alert message on startup]

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 07:35:39 PDT

Hi,

I've seen people ask about this warning several times, understandably,
as it gives the appearance that something is wrong, whereas it just
indicates that there is already a primary security module and the
requesting security module needs to fall back as a secondary (which the
capability module does).  Perhaps register_security() shouldn't be
displaying error messages itself, and defer this to the caller?  The
capability module correctly only displays a message if it also fails to
register as a secondary module.  Not a big deal to me, but as I've seen
user questions about it, it does seem to be a source of confusion...