Re: [Fwd: Logfiles]

From: Ryan Hilton (ryanhat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 22:09:17 PDT

    On Thursday 09 August 2001 09:28 pm, tcleary2at_private wrote:

    Yes, and IDMEF, IAP, etc.  Snort supports IDMEF XML output through one if the
    plugins that it ships with.  But what about the syslog lines from snort,
    iptables, ipchains?  Not only reporting the attacks themselves, but reporting
    statistics on them.  Which hosts did this attack? What else did host 'a'
    attempt to do?  Were there any snort attack signatures detected that go with
    this iptables log message? What were they?  See what I'm getting at?

    Hopefully those transportable Alerting Protocols will take off, they show
    great signs of being great if used properly.

    RH