Re: [Fwd: Logfiles]

From: tcleary2at_private
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 21:28:38 PDT

    <snip>
    I'm currently working on a program to analyze various logfile formats
    but I
    lack the resources to find every platform and every firewall tools
    logfile
    formats.
    <snip>

    Maybe this is the wrong place to say this, but there is an effort afoot to
    standardise the output of
    IDS logs to make them more "transportable" ( the IDWG, a sub-committee of
    IETF - I believe
    the proposal is trundling along the road to RFC -dom as we speak )

    Presumably if Suppliers were to embrace this initiative, we might all have
    our lives eased.

    I'll try to resurrect some of the old emails and post them to the list if
    that's a good idea?

    Regards,

    tom.