Re: [loganalysis] Logging standards and such

From: dtmat_private
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 11:53:22 PDT

        TB> best i've been able to come up with for figuring out, for
        TB> instance, what sendmail messages correspond to which severity
        TB> is to set up 7 different selectors in my syslog.conf, and see
        TB> what ends up where

    FreeBSD has a syslogd(8) option that I find useful:

         -v      Verbose logging.  If specified once, the numeric facility and
                 priority are logged with each locally-written message.  If speci-
                 fied more than once, the names of the facility and priority are
                 logged with each locally-written message.

    -- dtm