[loganalysis] Syslog enabled devices

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 10:05:43 PDT

    Dear List,

    I hope this isn't to off-topic. I noticed that this list could be a good
    place to ask my question....

    Some time ago, I tried to start a database of syslog enabled devices. It
    should hold which devices are capable of syslog reporting and how to
    configure syslog support inside them. Unfortunately, I realised very quickly
    that the information is hard to come by. I emailed many vendors but got ....
    well discouraging answers (at most - if you count now answers as
    discouraging, the number skyrockets ;-).

    Maybe the people in this list would like to share this information with me.
    If you could spice up it with some data of the log format, it could be even
    more useful. I started a very bare prototype of this database at

        http://www.winsyslog.com/en/syslog-enabled-products/
    <http://www.winsyslog.com/en/syslog-enabled-products/>

    please be warned ;-) We are a vendor of a Windows based syslog daemon and
    the link is off the product site. I hope you'll forgive for this.

    I suspect that the list owner prefers if anyone interested emails my
    privately at rgerhardsat_private <mailto:rgerhardsat_private> .

    I appreciate any and all help I can get on this issue.

    Many thanks and best regards,
    Rainer Gerhards
    Adiscon