RE: [logs] Webserver logs to database - Toward data mining

From: Henry Dixon (henrydat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 11:45:14 PDT

    Similar Idea...

    You could use the DTS services in MS SQL Server as well.  Start the DTS
    package at 1:00 AM, and you should be done before you come in for Coffee
    the next morning.

    Keep in mind that you'll need a nice box (Dual-Quad Proc, 1+Gb of RAM).

    From there, you can toss OLAP services and do some quick mining.  In
    fact, if you have early-risers, you can configure your Cubes for HOLAP
    storage for decent response time and fast refresh of data.

    Even better -- Toss the daily findings and aggregation of data to an ASP
    page where you can get to the reports from anywhere.

    Hope this helps.
    hd, CISSP