[logs] Webserver logs to database - Toward data mining

From: Nicolai Rasmussen (nicolaiat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 12:48:22 PDT

    Hi!

    We run some websites that generates more than 5 gb logs pr. day on approx.
    50 different sites and we would like to put them into a database so we could
    do some data mining on them.

    Does anyone have any idears, input, thoughts or anything on how we should do
    this ?

    We thought about making a optimized table definition and then dump each line
    into the database. From there we would make some summary reports..

    Please write us if you have any idears :-)

    We really appreciate it!

    Nicolai Rasmussen
    Software Engineer