Re: [logs] forms an formats of syslog??

From: Brian Birkinbine (bbirkinbineat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 07:47:26 PST

    Sun now has a Message ID in their syslogs for Solaris 8.
    On a Solaris 8 machine, do a   man msgid   for more information.

    I'm not sure if posting excerpts from a Sun man page is okay, so I'll
    leave that up to the readers.

    --
    Brian Birkinbine <bbirkinbineat_private>
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x37D55FF6