[logs] Apache Logs revisited

From: Roy (royharat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 07:00:13 PST

    Is there a way to just send just the Apache error logs to the remote log
    server and still keep it local as well.? I got some great if not
    overwhelming response to my initial question, then as the discussion
    developed I realized I didn't want the overhead of the access logs since
    I'm really interested in the security aspect of things.

    Thanks

    Roy Harrison
    The Research Libraries Group

    ___________________________________
    If we don't change our basic perceptions
    of life, as a species we will perish in
    servitude to institutional greed.

    Please read Vote or Die at
    www.threeparty.org

    "A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe,"
    a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself,
    his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest
    -a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
    This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our
    personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us.
    Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our
    circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of
    nature in its beauty. "
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)