Re: [logs] NT Logs

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 09:20:28 PST

    Hi Gonzalo --

    It's not possible to centralize NT/2000 EventLogs
    to a single server without commercial third-party
    software.

    There's a variety of documentation on Windows
    logging on the Log Analysis web site.  In particular,
    check out

    http://www.counterpane.com/log-windows.html
    http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html#config_nonunix

    and for documentation on Event Log messages,

    http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/messages/default.asp

    HTH - tbird

    "I was being patient, but it took too long." -
                                    Anya, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

    Log Analysis: http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html
    VPN:  http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html