[logs] hack attempts && price

From: Gonzalo Garcia (GO_GARCIAat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 05:52:13 PST

    I donīt known if this is off topic, if it is let me know.

    Due to the result of log analisis ( DCs, IDS, syslog, etc, etc, etc ) I'm
    able to identify many "hack attemps" using exploits, virus, trojans, ports
    scannings, and many other stuffs that are in the wild.

    Because this tasks requires capital goods, manpower, bla bla ... this costs
    are charged to my department, so I trying to find a theory ( economic or not
    ), way to assign a price to every "hack attempt" identified with the help of
    the log analisis.

    just in a very simple vay:

    1 hack attempt = $1.-  :)

    TIA,