RE: [logs] immutable bit

From: Steve Wray (steve.wrayat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 22:07:11 PST

    I had to think about this one for a bit, but
    I may have the repudiation of this claim.

    Its possible to set up a Linux system so that
    it runs from a CDROM. Coyote and freesco are two
    examples of this sort of thing.

    In such a case, not even root would be able to
    change things (Assuming, of course, that its not
    a rewritable CD in a rewriter. Duh).

    Try that with NT.

    I *suppose* that one could have a bootable floppy that
    would reimage a hard drive from an image on the cdrom...?