Re: [logs] BEEP: tcp based async message passing protocol/framework

From: Tom Perrine (tepat_private)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 10:32:08 PDT

        Desai,> Hi folks,
        Desai,> 	I just saw a new book at O'Reilly that talked about "BEEP" as:

    <SNIP>

        Desai,> 	Has anyone heard of this or has any comments on how this could
        Desai,> 	be used for building a centralized logging infrastructure?

    We're using BEEP in our next generation syslog project (of course).
    This book really helps; compared to the RFCs, its a treasure.

    At this point, I'm not sure what new protocols/services shouldn't be
    built on top of BEEP, if they require reliable transport or a decent
    security layer.

    "BEEP, its the C of protocols" :-)

    --tep

    --
    Tom E. Perrine <tepat_private> | San Diego Supercomputer Center
    http://www.sdsc.edu/~tep/     |