[logs] Generic Log Message Parsing Tool - request for functionality

From: Ogle Ron (Rennes) (OgleRat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 03:05:57 PDT

    If I may humbly request, please think about the need to parse logs from
    servers in many different time zones.  One of the very difficult problem
    that we run into is collapsing logs from many different machines from around
    the world into a common log server.

    A requested feature would be to provide a date conversion function that
    could understand the time zone of the sending logging machine and convert
    those log entries to an intermediate or time zone neutral time (say GMT).
    This would aid people greatly in supporting many different locations more
    efficiently.

    Kudos for the effort!
    Ron Ogle
    Rennes, France