Re: [logs] Generic Log Message Parsing Tool

From: Sweth Chandramouli (loganalysisat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 23:05:00 PDT

    On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:01:47PM -0500, Hal Snyder wrote:
    > We are revamping our call event/call detail spool. The current
    > platform that looks most interesting is Ericsson's OTP
    > (www.erlang.org),
    	which turns out to be a fault-tolerant highly-parallelizable
    functional programming language with good support for complex data
    structs and pattern matching.  Wow.  Very cool.  (The syntax could be
    friendlier, but compared to others I've seen, it's not that bad.)

    > Of course, we expect to know all our log record formats in advance.
    	From the descriptions, though, it seems like writing a
    parser in Erlang wouldn't be too tough.  Anyone want to throw a couple
    of grad students at log analysis problems using Erlang?  :)

    	-- Sweth.

    --
    Sweth Chandramouli      Idiopathic Systems Consulting
    svcat_private      http://www.idiopathic.net/