Re: [logs] Logging: World Domination

From: Raistlin (raistlinat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 11:21:51 PDT

    > The caveat with this approach is that you would need to gather a
    > crapload of logs

    This is without doubt true

    >, and have people somehow denote whether each entry is
    > good, bad or just ugly. With email you can mark a whole message, but
    > with logs you'd have to do this line by line, unfortunately.

    This is not necessarily true. While I'm not an expert with genetic algorithm
    classifiers AND I think that these would need human interaction, neural
    algorithms can classify objects with very little need of guidance. In
    addition, you can train a neural network and then "monitor" its guesses. The
    more time and energy you can spend "correcting" its guesses, the better it
    develops.

    Stefano "Raistlin" Zanero
    System Administrator Gioco.Net
    public PGP key block at http://gioco.net/pgpkeys