[logs] Job opening at Counterpane

From: Sanford Whitehouse (SanfordWat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:00:50 PDT

    Tina has graciously allowed me to post a job opening at Counterpane to this
    newsgroup.

    The position is for a senior security engineer in the Attack Coverage Group.
    The group is responsible for timely investigation of exploits and
    vulnerabilities for the purpose of creating filters used by our sentries.
    Through software development we create and expand existing tools used in
    log/alert analysis and filter generation.  The primary responsibilities for
    the security engineer are to perform exploit/vulnerability investigation and
    the creation of filters to support the results.

    Through our broad customer base we are exposed to a variety of security
    applications, devices, and architectures.  The person must have a strong
    understanding of system and network security, and must be able to learn
    quickly to keep pace with customer environments.   The person must have good
    documentation skills and the ability to work well with others in a high
    stress environment.

    The base requirements are 5 - 10 years of Solaris/Linux administration and
    5+ years of hands on system and network security operations and engineering
    in a medium to large installation.  Windows administration/security, project
    management, and a comfortable understanding of Perl and C/C++ are all
    strongly desired.  A BS in CS or equivalent.

    The opening is in the Mountain View, CA area.  Applicants must be within
    commute distance.

    If you are interested in the position, please send a resume
    to:jobsat_private  Note that this is not the same Counterpane
    position advertised in other groups for a Security Engineer in the DC area.

    Sanford Whitehouse
    Manager Attack Coverage Group
    Counterpane Internet Security
    www.counterpane.com