Re: [logs] Fight Back

From: WindexKing (WindexKing@mor-lan-d.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 20:25:35 PDT

    > --- Ganu Skop <skopganuat_private> wrote:
    >>I really would love to know what tool the
     >>intruder used. any idea ?

    I'm interested in something which I think
    is at least slightly similar.

    I spend a fair bit of time doing OS log
    analysis mostly for NT/W2K servers. One
    of the things I've been doing is trying
    to build up a list of scenarios which
    cause "attack" patterns within the Sec
    Logs.

    Although, I'm wondering if such a list is
    a good idea. I'd appreciate any feedback
    from the list about the potential benefits
    or drawbacks of such a list.