[logs] auditing

From: Justin H Tran (justintat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 12:26:09 PST

    All-

    I am trying to explain to a manager (non technical) about audit but unable
    to get through him the point below.  I tried and tried but unsucessful.  I
    am looking for some plain English with examples to show to him.  Any
    advise/info is appreciated.

    Auditing makes it possible to do the following:
    ·     Discover extended use of privilege that occurs when a user changes
    identity.  How is this done ? how does a user outside of Unix change
    identity ?

    TIA,
    Justin