RE: [logs] auditing

From: Eric Fitzgerald (ericfat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 18:58:22 PST

    In Windows there is not a concept changing the user's identity- however
    an existing process (running in the context of one user) can create a
    new process with a different user's identity, IFF either the existing
    process knows the new user's credentials, or has the Assign Primary
    Token privilege.

    When this is audited, we generate an event that includes the identity of
    the "primary" account- the original process' identity- and the "client"
    account- the new process' identity.

    I hope this helps.

    Eric Fitzgerald
    Microsoft Corporation