[logs] absence of evidence...

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 21:32:38 PST

    may still be interesting.

    anyone out there have a tool that can parse syslog data (or anything text
    based, i guess) and send an alert if a particular message does >not< show
    up?

    thanks -- tbird

    "Our duty, as living things, is to be sure that pain is not our whole
    story, for we can choose to be otherwise....we can choose to dance."
                                 -- from "Six Moon Dance," by Sheri Tepper

    http://www.shmoo.com/~tbird
    Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
    VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com