RE: [logs] why log transport is still important

From: tcleary2at_private
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 20:47:31 PST

    Frank,

    >talking about the contents or details of the event, but some kind of name
    or
    >number that answers the most basic question, which is "what happened?",
    or
    >if you prefer "what event or type of event is this?".

    Isn't this what a CVE CAN number is all about?

    Of course, having a CAN number without any description or unique name
    could make things a little daunting for novices.

    More problematical if the Vendor doesn't admit it's a hole..........

    Regards,

    tom.
    Security Consultant/Analyst
    CSC
    Ph: +61 8 9429 6478    Email: tcleary2at_private
    This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
    addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
    may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
    contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
    other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
    intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
    in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the
    message permanently from your system and destroy any copies.