Re: [logs] Tamper Proof Logging

From: Paul Robertson (probertsat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 15:28:25 PST

    On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Darren Reed wrote:

    > Can the screen scroll quicker enough and/or faster than 50 screens
    > full per second ?  I'm thinking PAL for obvious reasons :)

    Good question- I'm not sure- I was thinking these days I'd do an LCD
    screen- so you might have to buffer some but flicker wouldn't be an
    issue...

    > But that's costly in terms of tapes, then you have to have some
    > sort of dual-camera mechanism for changing of tapes..

    Nah, video to disk- no sense in doing tape these days.  With the right
    CODEC, this could work out pretty well...  A TiVO with a VCR behind it
    would give you a great off-site storage mechanism...

    You could probably ditch the camera with the right video card...

    Ok, I'll quit now, I'm hurting myself.

    Paul