RE: [logs] Syslog payload format

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 08:02:35 PST

    On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Rainer Gerhards wrote:

    > I think the list serves quite well as long as it comes to discuss pro
    > and cons. But we would need to start on a document, have an editor that
    > will merge changes into them once there is consensus. Sounds a little
    > like IETF, but in general that scheme seems to work...

    <tbird throws herself on hand grenade>

    >>if<< someone else writes a first draft, i will be happy to take over
    ownership and editing of the document.  i may even be willing to find out
    what needs to happen to release it as an informational or best practices
    RFC once we're happy with it.

    but as those of you waiting for documents from me know, the project
    becomes much more likely to reach conclusion if someone else does the
    draft!

    tbird