Re: [logs] Trial SELP client implementation

From: Bennett Todd (betat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 06:08:45 PST

    2003-01-09T19:32:09 Mikael Olsson:
    > I thought it was "z", when in fact it was "%z". Sorry. Your code
    > is right.

    Well, it's right where you're fortunate enough to have a strftime
    that handles %z, as I do, and apparently you do, but as Andy Bach
    pointed out to me, that's not universal. In fact, I don't know of a
    simple, portable way to get this info. So my test implementation is
    falling back and punting, simply using gmtime and a literal "Z", as
    you first suggested.

    > Anyhow, this gives me the opportunity to point out that it'd be
    > real nice if your test client would also send fractional seconds,
    > since we want that to be (an optional) part of this new protocol.

    Good idea, just done, used Time::HiRes, I'll repost the client and
    server pair shortly, using gmtime w/ 'Z', and with the client
    emitting fractional seconds.

    -Bennett