[logs] Trial SELP implementation

From: Bennett Todd (betat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 06:42:47 PST

    I'm pleased to announce the exceedingly public release of my
    perl-selp implementation, version 0.1, available from
    <URL:http://bent.latency.net/selp-perl-0.1.tar.bz2>.

    To try and insure that this very preliminary 0.x release is as
    publicly accessible as possible, it includes a nice spec file, so
    users of RPM-based distributions should be able to "rpm -ta" the
    tarball.

    Time for a Freshmeat announcement.

    :-)

    Seriously, this one seems to have all the bits in more or less of
    working order. It always uses UTC (gmtime()), with a literal 'Z',
    since I don't know of a simple portable way to lay my fingies on the
    timezone offset. selp sends fractional seconds.

    -Bennett