Re: [logs] Trial SELP client implementation

From: Bennett Todd (betat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 06:12:18 PST

    Thanks all for the info on %z. My current thought is to just
    continue using POSIX::strftime, as it's always available, and have
    conditional logic to try %z, use it if it works, and deliver the
    gmtime+Z if it doesn't. That feels like a good balance of simplicity
    -vs- functionality to me. Or, I could go with Date::Manip as Andy
    Bach recommended; while it might not be universally available, it
    might be at least as available as the TimeDate module I'm already
    using for parsing, and it can do both jobs.

    On the other hand, When I feed TimeDate and RFC 3164-style timestamp
    in December right now, it slaps on the year 2002, while
    Date::Manip::ParseDate applies 2003. So I'm still inclined to use
    TimeDate for converting olde-style timestamps in selpd.

    I'll think on this more.

    -Bennett