RE: [logs] RE: NT Event Log and Web Server Attacks

From: Eric Fitzgerald (ericfat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 11:43:36 PST

    Hi Noah,

    That's a little beyond the scope of what I can do- I only own the
    security log.  We have several hundred component owners in Windows and
    they each own the event logging for their own component.  That is why
    you see such variation in the Application and System logs.  The
    Security, Active Directory, FRS, and DNS teams each own their own log
    and have a responsible individual on each of those teams, so those are
    more consistent.  I will pass on your request to the Resource Kit team
    (they do this sort of documentation) and to the management team here in
    Windows.

    Eric