Re: [logs] Log Script

From: Ganu Skop (skopganuat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 18:58:36 PDT

    --- Jose Nazario <joseat_private> wrote:
    > what's wrong with newsyslog?
    >
    > in *bsd, or a new project here:
    > 	http://www.weird.com/~woods/projects/newsyslog.html
    >
    > obviously works for thousands of bsd users.
    > newsyslog and cron ...

    as of my experience i use FreeBSD as my syslog
    archieves since on FreeBSD has this capability

    taken from man newsyslog
    $D0     rotate every night at midnight

    taken from newsyslog.conf
    # logfilename          [owner:group]    mode count
    size when [ZJB] [/pid_file] [sig_num]

    so in order to archieve it at 12:00 midnight i just
    specify $D0 on 'when'

    with OpenBSD - i have a problem since it's based on 24
    hour basis - i need to create newsyslog -F first :)

    =====
    //skopganu