Re: [logs] Win->syslog

From: Harry Hoffman (hhoffman@ip-solutions.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 18:19:31 PDT

    Hi,

    When I was at the Univ. of Auckland we were using ntsyslog:
    ntsyslog.sourceforge.net

    It really worked well for us! Another one people swear by is Kiwi-syslog.

    HTH,
    Harry

    Quoting Tina Bird <tbird@precision-guesswork.com>:

    *>
    *> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Tim Sailer wrote:
    *>
    *> > Has anyone successfully integrated their windows event/app logs into
    *> > their central syslog host? If so, what were all the pieces you used?
    *> > I'm trying to force the issue here, but the Win admins say it can't
    *> > be done.
    *>
    *> Hi Tim --
    *>
    *> It's not as tough as they're making it sound ;-) If you go to the Log
    *> Analysis Web site at http://www.loganalysis.org, click on the Library
    *> link, and then look for the Windows to syslog page.  That includes open
    *> source and commercial products for sending Event Log data to a centralized
    *> log server, and also lists documentation on Windows logging overall.
    *>
    *> Several of the developers of those Event Log to syslog applications are
    *> also on this list, but I'll let them speak for themselves.
    *>
    *> cheers -- tbird
    *>
    *> _______________________________________________
    *> LogAnalysis mailing list
    *> LogAnalysis@private
    *>

    --
    Harry Hoffman
    hhoffman@ip-solutions.net

    # Harry: version 4.0a                                            #
    # Known bugs:                                                    #
    # 1) Verbal output may occur before data processing is complete. #
    # 2) Loudspeaker option may activate without being invoked.      #
    # 3) Other bugs as reported                                      #