Re: [logs] Win->syslog

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 17:58:15 PDT

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Tim Sailer wrote:

    > Has anyone successfully integrated their windows event/app logs into
    > their central syslog host? If so, what were all the pieces you used?
    > I'm trying to force the issue here, but the Win admins say it can't
    > be done.

    Hi Tim --

    It's not as tough as they're making it sound ;-) If you go to the Log
    Analysis Web site at http://www.loganalysis.org, click on the Library
    link, and then look for the Windows to syslog page.  That includes open
    source and commercial products for sending Event Log data to a centralized
    log server, and also lists documentation on Windows logging overall.

    Several of the developers of those Event Log to syslog applications are
    also on this list, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

    cheers -- tbird