[logs] Generic log adapter from IBM: tool for handling raw messages

From: Sheng Ma (shengma@private)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 07:52:24 PDT

    I would like to bring your attention to generic log adapter developed by
    IBM research and IBM software group and available from IBM Alphawork
    (http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/glaac). It may be a useful,
    interesting tool that can help a user to map  raw data formats into a
    structured format. It also provides a very interesting interface and a
    learning mechanism for a user to define parsing rules by looking at sample
    messages and highlighting the needed parts.

    I very much like to hear your thoughts and comments about this tool...

    Regards,

    Sheng Ma
    Machine Learning for Systems
    IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
    19 Skyline Drive
    Hawthorne, NY 10532
    e-mail: shengma@private
    Tel: (914) 784-7837; fax: (914) 784-7455