[logs] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-00.txt

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 02:32:30 PST

    Hi list,

    I just wanted to make you aware of recent developments in the IETF.
    There is now a new Internet Draft out trying to describe the syslog
    protocol. I have included the IETF announcement below.

    There is currently a lot of work going on in the syslog area. I would
    highly encourage all list members to check if what is proposed is
    actually useful. Any comments are highly appreciated and will help
    making the best standards for syslog.

    The syslog-sec WG home page contains more information on the current
    status. Please visit it at

    http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/syslog-charter.html

    There is also an page with additional information, which can be found at

    http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/index.shtml

    >From past discussions, I know that many people on this list have some
    opinions on syslog protocol. Actually, some have issues because things
    are not they way they need it. Now is the right time to make your voice
    heard! Please invest a little time and help create a better syslog
    system.

    Rainer